Suspending or Reactivating an Undergraduate or Professional Degree Program
Programs with consistently low enrollments, or programs that are not currently active, should be suspended or closed. Suspended programs are still required to perform any required annual or cyclic reviews.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- APUG (Approval is required by the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs.)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee.)
- AA (Approval is required from Academic Affairs.)
- BOG (Approval is required from the Board of Governors.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- OIPR [N] (The Office of Institutional Planning and Research is notified of the request.)
- SASS (The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- CAT (The change will be entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
Required Documents for Program Suspension
Required Documents for Program Reactivation
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required document, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #201
Page name: Degree_Suspend-Reactivate_Ugrad-Pro
Page title: Suspend/Reactivate Degree, Ugrad/Pro
Forms: bog_reactivate_program_notification_form, bog_inactive_program_notification_form