Suspend or Reactivate a Graduate Degree Program
Programs with consistently low enrollments, or programs that are not currently active, should be suspended or closed. Suspended programs are still required to perform any required annual or cyclic reviews.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- APAF (Approval is required from the Associate Provost for Academic and Faculty Affairs.)
- GC (Approval is required from the Graduate Council.)
- UCC [N] (The University Curriculum Committee is notified of the request.)
- AA (Approval is required from Academic Affairs.)
- BOG (Approval is required from the Board of Governors.)
- GS [N] (The Graduate School is notified of the request.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- OIPR [N] (The Office of Institutional Planning and Research is notified of the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
Required Documents for Program Suspension
Required Documents for Program Reactivation
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #226
Page name: Degree_Suspend-Reactivate_Grad
Page title: Suspend/Reactivate Degree, Grad
Form: bog_reactivate_program_notification_form, bog_inactive_program_notification_form, suspend-reactivate_program_form