Creating a New Graduate Course
Requests for new courses may be submitted by a faculty member or academic unit at any time.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the course, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- GCC (Approval is required from the Graduate Curriculum Committee.)
- UCC [N] (The University Curriculum Committee is notified of the request.)
- SCNS (Approval is required from the Florida Board of Education, with inclusion of the course in the Statewide Course Numbering System.)
- GS [N] (The Graduate School is notified of the request.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- External Consultation form, if appropriate – download, complete electronically and save to your computer (refer to the External Consultations page for policies and instructions). You will be able to upload this document after the request has been initiated.
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
Click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #207
Page name: Course_New_Grad
Page title: New Course, Grad
Forms: Online Form ID 20, External Consultation