Creating a Professional Concentration
A concentration is an organized curriculum within a graduate or professional major that enhances or complements the major in a manner which leads to specific educational or occupational goals. This process should be used to create a new concentration in an existing professional major.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- SASS (This step is retained as part of the parallel undergraduate process.)
- CAT (This step is retained as part of the parallel undergraduate process.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Catalog copy - catalog-style description of the concentration requirements for entry, requirements for completion, and a suggested semester-by-semester plan, prepared in Microsoft Word.
- Supporting documentation - memos, emails, etc. from other units to provide evidence of the availability of courses that are required in the concentration and/or to provide evidence for support of the proposed concentration if there is clear or potential overlap or duplication of content
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #175
Page name: Concentration_New_Pro
Page title: New Concentration, Pro
Form: Online Form ID 26