Creating an Academic Learning Compact and/or Student Learning Outcome
Academic Learning Compacts (ALCs) identify the skills students should acquire if they follow their major’s prescribed course of study. Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) specify what students will know and be able to do as a result of completing their degree. SLOs should be current, relevant, and rigorous; written concisely and clearly; and represent the consensus of the program faculty on what students should know and be able to do at the end of their program.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- AAC (Approval is required from the Academic Assessment Committee.)
- UCC [N] (The University Curriculum Committee is notified of the request.)
- CAT (The change will be entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- SASS (The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Catalog copy - current and proposed Undergraduate Catalog copy edited using the “track changes” feature in Microsoft Word.
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #204
Page name: ALC-SLO_New-Change_Ugrad
Page title: New/Change ALC/SLO, Ugrad
Form: Online Form ID 50