Modifying the Curriculum of an Undergraduate Major
This process should be used to change the required or elective coursework in an undergraduate major, or the eight-semester plan or critical tracking in an undergraduate major. This process should not be used to change the total credits, limited access status, major name, delivery platform or funding model. Changes to honors criteria for a major do not require approval above the level of the college and therefore need not be submitted using the academic approval tracking system.
Modifications to a major may necessitate revision of its Academic Assessment Plan. Consult the SACSCOC coordinator of the appropriate college for assistance with this process.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- APUG Review (Approval is required by the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- CAT (The change will be entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- SASS (The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- AAC [N] (The Academic Assessment Committee is notified of request approval.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Catalog copy - current and proposed curricula using the Undergraduate Catalog copy edited using the “track changes” feature in Microsoft Word. (Catalog Copy: Tracked Changes Guide)
- Supporting documentation from other colleges indicating
- availability of seats in their courses that are required for the program
- support for the proposed application, if overlap is a concern
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #178
Page name: Major_Curriculum_Modify_Ugrad-Pro
Page title: Modify Major Curriculum, Ugrad/Pro
Form: Online Form ID 32