Modifying the Curriculum of a Graduate Major
This process should be used to change the required or elective coursework in a graduate major. This process should not be used to change the total credits, major name, delivery platform or funding model.
Departments and colleges may institute curricular changes in existing degree programs. Graduate Council approval is not required if the curricular changes do not change the number of overall credits or major credits required for the degree.
Modifications to a major may necessitate revision of its Academic Assessment Plan. Consult the SACSCOC coordinator of the appropriate college for assistance with this process.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- GC (Approval is required from the Graduate Council.)
- UCC [N] (The University Curriculum Committee is notified of the request.)
- GS [N] (The Graduate School is notified of the request.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- AAC [N] (The Academic Assessment Committee is notified of request approval.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Catalog copy - Proposed curricula using the Graduate Catalog copy edited with the “track changes” feature in Microsoft Word. (Catalog Copy: Tracked Changes Guide)
- Supporting documentation from other colleges indicating
- availability of seats in their courses that are required for the program
- support for the proposed application, if overlap is a concern.
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #217
Page name: Major_Curriculum_Modify_Grad
Page title: Modify Major Curriculum, Grad
Form: Online Form ID 32