Modifying or Terminating an Undergraduate or Professional Course
The following changes to existing courses may be requested via a course change request. All course modification requests must submit the most recent syllabus in addition to to completing the Academic Approval Tracking form.
- Course number
- Lab code
- Title and/or transcript title
- Credit hours and contact hours
- Rotating topic designation
- S/U option
- Repeatable credit option
- Variable credit option
- Course description
- Prerequisites and/or co-requisites
- Close (terminate) a course
Note that major revisions to the course content may require a new course number, which may require termination of the existing course and a request to add a new course.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the course, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee.)
- SCNS (Approval is required from the Florida Board of Education, with inclusion of the course in the Statewide Course Numbering System.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- CAT (A final verification is done to ensure that all approved changes were properly entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- SASS (The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Complete and most recent syllabus (refer to the UF syllabus policy page for required and recommended elements).
- External Consultation form, if appropriate – download, complete electronically and save to your computer (refer to the External Consultations page for policies and instructions).
- Please check with your College Curriculum Committee regarding any additional paperwork which may be required prior to submisison.
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #173
Page name: Modify_New_Ugrad-Pro
Page title: Modify Course, Ugrad/Pro
Forms: Online Form ID 21, Syllabus Checklist, External Consultation