Modifying a Graduate or Interdisciplinary Concentration
This process should be used to modify an existing concentration in a graduate or interdisciplinary major, including changing the credits or curriculum of a concentration.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- GC (Approval is required from the Graduate Council.)
- GS [N] (The Graduate School is notified of the request.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Catalog copy - Include a copy of the catalog text showing all proposed changes, prepared using the "track changes" feature in Microsoft Word.
- Supporting documentation - Include supporting documentation showing evidence of consultation with and support from any other affected academic units. In particular, include consent to changes from each affected department (this could be in the form of a signature page, a memo, etc.).
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #215
Page name: Concentration_Modify_Grad
Page title: Modify Concentration, Grad
Form: Online Form ID 34