Closing or Modifying a Graduate Certificate
A for-credit certificate is an organized curriculum of credit courses offered as a distinct area of study that leads to specific educational or occupational goals. Changes to an existing certificate may be proposed by a faculty member or academic unit at any time.
Modifications to a certificate may necessitate revision of its Academic Assessment Plan. Consult the SACSCOC coordinator of the appropriate college for assistance with this process.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- GC (Approval is required from the Graduate Council.)
- GS [N] (The Graduate School is notified of the request.)
- UCC [N] (The University Curriculum Committee is notified of the request.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- OIPR [N] (The Office of Institutional Planning and Research is notified of the request.)
- AAC [N] (The Academic Assessment Committee is notified of request approval.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Catalog copy - catalog copy showing the proposed changes, edited using the "track changes" feature in Microsoft Word.
- Supporting documentation - memos, emails, etc. from other units to provide evidence of the availability of courses that are required for the change.
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #240
Page name: Certificate_Close-Modify_Grad
Page title: Close/Modify Grad Certificate
Form: Online Form ID 48