Adding, Modifying or Removing a General Education or Writing Requirement Designation
Addition of a General Education or Writing Requirement designation may only be requested for existing courses or proposed courses that have already been approved by the University Curriculum Committee (i.e., SCNS approval may be pending). Modification or removal of a General Education or Writing Requirement designation may be requested at any time.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the course, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- GEC (Approval is required from General Education Committee.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- CAT (The change will be entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Affairs at 392-1303. When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
- Process ID: #174
- Page name: Course_New-Close-Modify_Ugrad_Gen Ed
- Page title: New/Close/Modify Course, Ugrad, Gen Ed
- URL: course_new-close-modify_ugrad_gen_ed
- Forms: Online Form ID 45