Creating a New Combination Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Program
Use this process for a combination degree program that double-counts credits.
A Combination Degree Program allows academically advanced undergraduate students to take graduate courses before completing the bachelor’s degree and to "double-count" a specified number of graduate credits toward both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree (if admitted into the graduate program). Combination degree programs may only be created from existing, already-approved programs.
Refer to Developing a Combined Degree Program for additional information, including a list of existing degree programs.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- DIA (Approval is required by the Director of Institutional Assesment)
- APUG (Approval is required by the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs.)
- APAF (Approval is required from the Associate Provost for Academic and Faculty Affairs.)
- GC (Approval is required from the Graduate Council)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee)
- GS [N] (The Graduate School is notified of the request.)
- Provost (Approval is required from the Office of the Provost)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- OIPR [N] (The Office of Institutional Planning and Research is notified of the request.)
- SASS (The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- CAT (The change will be entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Catalog copy - catalog-style description of the program, requirements for entry, requirements for completion, and a list of majors, minors, certificates, etc., prepared as a Microsoft Word document.
- Letter of Agreement - between the undergraduate and graduate degree programs, which states acknowledgement and support of this proposal including signatures from department chairs from each unit.
- Supporting documentation
- Provide memos, emails, etc. to provide evidence for support of the proposed program if there is clear or potential overlap or duplication of content with other units. A letter signed by representatives
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #209
Page name: Degree_New_Combined_12CR
Page title: New Degree, Combined Ugrad/Grad, 12 Credits
Form: Online Form ID 35