Create a New Undergraduate or Professional Course
Requests for new courses may be submitted by a faculty member or academic unit at any time. For assistance, click "Contact" above.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the course, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee.)
- SCNS (Approval is required from the Florida Board of Education, with inclusion of the course in the Statewide Course Numbering System.)
- OUR (The Office of the University Registrar implements any approved changes into the student systems, including the catalog.)
- SASS (The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- CAT (A final verification is done to ensure that all approved changes were properly entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
A separate syllabus document is not required for submission of this request.
- External Consultation form, if appropriate – download, complete electronically and save to your computer (refer to the External Consultations page for policies and instructions). You will upload this document at a later step.
- Please check with your College Curriculum Committee regarding any additional paperwork which may be required prior to submisison.
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
Click the start button below to start the approval process by completing the approval form (requires GatorLink login).
- Process ID: #172
- Page name: Course_New_Ugrad-Pro
- Page title: New Course, Ugrad/Pro
- URL: course_new_ugrad-pro
- Forms: Online Form ID 20, External Consultation