Changing the Limited Access Status of an Undergraduate Program
This process should be used to change the limited access status of an undergraduate degree, major, or specialization. Limited access status creates selective admission to limit enrollment within a degree program and may be justified when student demand exceeds available resources such as student/faculty ratios, facilities, or equipment.
Note: This status requires the Approval of the State Board of Governors.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee.)
- FSSC (Approval is required from the Faculty Senate Steering Committee.)
- Senate (Approval is required from the Faculty Senate.)
- AA (Approval is required from Academic Affairs.)
- BOT (Approval is required from the Board of Trustees.)
- BOG (Approval is required from the Board of Governors.)
- AA [N] (Academic Affairs is notified of the request.)
- OIPR [N] (The Office of Institutional Planning and Research is notified of the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- OUR [N] (The Office of the University Registrar is notified of the request. SASS; The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request. CAT; The change will be entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- One of the following, as appropriate:
- Catalog copy - current and proposed Undergraduate Catalog copy edited using the “track changes” feature in Microsoft Word.
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #180
Page name: Degree_Change_Limited_Access_Ugrad
Page title: Change Degree Limited Access, Ugrad
Form: Online Form ID 43