Creating an Undergraduate Minor
This process should be used to create an undergraduate minor. The minor provides a traditional, well-accepted way to recognize that a student has completed a significant body of work outside the major. Students can follow-up on long-time personal interests, satisfy intellectual curiosity generated by introductory courses, differentiate their program of study from those of fellow students or enhance their opportunities for employment or for admission to graduate or professional schools.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- APUG [N] (The Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs is notified of the request.)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- SASS (The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- CAT (The change will be entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
- Catalog copy - Proposed Undergraduate Catalog copy edited using the “track changes” feature in Microsoft Word.
- Supporting documentation from other colleges indicating
- availability of seats in their courses that are required for the program
- support for the proposed application, if overlap is a concern.
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required documents, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #183
Page name: Minor_New_Ugrad
Page title: New Minor, Ugrad
Form: Online Form ID 22