Proposed changes to Common Prerequisites Counseling Manual include the addition or deletion of a course designated as a common prerequisite, and the addition or deletion of course substitutions. Any proposed changes must be approved by the state Oversight Committee and the Articulation Coordinating Committee, and must be submitted to the Articulation Coordinating Committee by the first week in February of each year prior to the subsequent Fall semester implementation. Final approval of the amendments shall be made by the Articulation Coordinating Committee at its September meeting. The amendments shall be incorporated into the Common Prerequisite Counseling Manual for distribution in December for inclusion in university and community college catalogs to be distributed in May and June.
Therefore, to allow sufficient time for approval through all UF groups before the Articulation Coordinating Committee deadline, requests for revision to the Common Prerequisites Counseling Manual must be submitted into the Academic Approval Tracking System no less than two years prior to the start of the catalog year in which the revision will be effective.
Proposal Process Steps
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that will offer the academic program, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- APUG (Approval is required by the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs.)
- UCC (Approval is required from the University Curriculum Committee.)
- FSSC (Approval is required from the Faculty Senate Steering Committee.)
- Senate (Approval is required from the Faculty Senate.)
- BOT (Approval is required from the Board of Trustees.)
- BOG (Approval is required from the Board of Governors.)
- AA [N] (Academic Affairs is notified of the request.)
- ACC [A] (Approval is required from the Chair of the Florida Board of Education's Articulation Coordinating Committee)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- SASS (The change will be entered into the Student Academic Support System, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- CAT (The change will be entered into the undergraduate catalog, effective in the term approved for the request.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
When you have prepared the required document, click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login).
Process ID: #230
Page name: degree_change_common_prereqs
Page title: Modify Currently Approved Common Prerequisites
Form: Application to Modify Currently Approved Common Prerequisites (.doc)