Recertifying a General Education Course
General Education and Writing Requirement courses are evaluated for recertification on a rotating schedule. New applications for general education designation should not be submitted through this process. Information about the recertification process is available on the General Education Program website.
The academic approval tracking system will automatically route the request (including all accompanying forms and documents) to the following groups for approval and/or notification.
- Department (Approval is required from the Chair or other designated approver for the department that offers the course, typically following review by the department curriculum committee.)
- College (Approval is required from the Dean or other designated approver for the college or unit in the preceding step, typically following review by the college curriculum committee.)
- GEC (Approval is required from General Education Committee.)
- OUR (Approval is required from the Office of the University Registrar.)
- CAT (Recertification will be reflected in the undergraduate catalog.)
- College [N] (The College is notified of request approval.)
Enter Academic Approval Tracking
Click the start button below to enter the approval tracking system (requires GatorLink login). If you have questions, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Affairs at 392-1303.
Process ID: #174
Page name: Course_Gen-Ed_Recertify
Page title: Recertify a General Education Course
Forms: Online Form ID 46